Jo Shuter: 'I’ve been absolutely instructed not to comment while there is an investigation ongoing'
Published: 13 September, 2012
by JOSH LOEB
AN acclaimed headteacher has been suspended amid shock claims of financial irregularities at a school.
Jo Shuter has been showered with accolades, including a CBE for services to education, since becoming head of Quintin Kynaston School (QK) in St John’s Wood in 2002.
But yesterday (Thursday) it emerged she has been suspended from the post and the police called in to investigate what have been described by the chairman of the school’s governors, Patrick Lees, as “serious allegations relating to management”.
Ms Shuter has said she is not allowed to comment while the investigation process is ongoing, but she has urged people to “wait and see the outcome”.
She told the West End Extra: “I want to talk, you can imagine how much I want to talk, but I’ve been absolutely instructed not to comment while there is an investigation ongoing.”
The police confirmed they had been made aware of “possible financial irregularities” at QK.
A spokesman added: “No crime has been recorded at this stage. We will be discussing the matter with the school in due course.”
• See Friday's West End Extra for full story